Please donate to help ACS build a resilient emergency communications system
Seattle Auxiliary Communications Service (ACS) is an all-volunteer program supported by a team of 145 amateur radio operators trained in emergency communications. ACS is a program of the Seattle Office of Emergency Management which is part of the Seattle Police Department (SPD). The Seattle Police Foundation accepts charitable contributions to support SPD programs including ACS.
A primary objective of Seattle ACS is to build and operate a resilient emergency communications network capable of operating off-the power grid to provide sustained operations to support the City of Seattle, its partner organizations and our community in times of emergency and disaster. The following are some of the projects that ACS needs funding to complete:
- Battery back-up system for the radio site at Beacon Hill supporting five repeaters, HamWAN and Winlink gateways.
- Solar panel installation at Beacon and Capitol Hill radio sites to support off-grid operations of multiple radio repeaters, HamWAN and Winlink systems
- Installation of HamWAN and building out of HF radio systems and antennas to support the backup EOC radio room at North Seattle College
- Installation of antennas on towers at Westcrest and Lake Forest Park sites requiring lift truck rental
- Antenna and cable upgrades at Beacon Hill and South Seattle College
- Build out of Winlink VARA gateways across the City to improve emergency e-mail over radio capabilities
- Upgrade battery backup systems at Magnolia, South Seattle College, North Seattle College and Kaiser Permanente Radio sites
Here is how to donate via the Seattle Police Foundation:
- Donors may make a donation via the Seattle Police Foundation website be sure to specify “Seattle ACS” in the “Comments” box or donate by check and write “Seattle ACS” on the check memo line.
- If your employer matches financial contributions or your volunteer hours – you will need the Foundation’s tax ID # when you submit requests for corporate matching. Please send this statement: The Seattle Police Foundation is a registered corporation with the state of Washington and is recognized by the US Government as a 501(c)3 tax-exempt non-profit foundation. EIN # 91-2171529. Note: Benevity, who many companies use for managing giving programs, is aware of the SPF and will facilitate these donations.
After making a donation please email us so we can track and follow-up to make sure it is properly tracked, also if you have questions regarding this process please contact Mark Sheppard at firstname.lastname@example.org