Friday, 24 June
- 8 am: Meet at Chelan Cafe for breakfast. This is optional, you can arrive earlier if you need more coffee intake time.
- 9 am: Meet at the site—South Seattle College, south parking lot and field near Olympic Hall. We will commence erection of poles and antennas.
- 11:15 am—12:15 pm: Break for lunch
- 12 noon: Northwest Solar Rover delivers solar power array trailer.
- 12:30 pm: The city delivers trailers and we commence tent erection. We will return to pole and antenna erection once the tent is up.
Once our antennas are up, we will start working on getting stations set up in the tent and the trailers. We hope to be operating during the evening to test things out and to capture the ARRL Field Day bulletin. The site will be monitored overnight. You are welcome to camp onsite.
Saturday, 25 June
- 9 am: Setup preparations continue.
- 10 am: We hope to have an educational presentation on Field Day operation. This is particularly useful for those who are new to Field Day operation or would like a refresher.
- 11 am: The Field Day contest commences and runs for 24 hours. This is also the start of the best time for visitors to come see us in operation. The best time for visitors is between 11am and dusk on Saturday, 6 pm or thereabouts, extending into the evening.
We are inviting everyone to participate in a potluck dinner on site. Bring something to eat and share. You can also contribute by fetching pizza or other food from nearby emporiums. We brought in a bunch of pizza last year to supplement other food people brought. This party will be what you make it! Just remember that South Seattle College is an alcohol and smoke free environment.
Sunday, 26 June
- 7 am: We’ll be fetching coffee and danish for the overnight crew. Some will head out to forage for more serious breakfast.
- 11 am: Field Day contest finishes. We’ll take a short break and after appropriate briefings, commence teardown of the site. This took until about 5pm last year.
- 5 pm: Vacate the site?
A few things to remember:
- Check the weather and bring appropriate clothes, outerwear, hats, shoes, etc. It will get quite cool at night.
- If you have safety vests and hard hats, please bring them.
- Bring a flashlight if you will be there overnight.
- You may want to bring a folding chair, but there will be some with the trailers.